joined Miranda, her mother, and Miranda's friend Victoria for another
at least 30 course dinner. The food just kept coming and coming. We
had at least 5 different kinds of soups, fish, chicken, several
vegetables, tofu prepared many different ways, and little compacted
rice treats wrapped in bamboo.
Miranda will be attending Cornell in the fall and Victoria will
probably attend Stanford but was also accepted to Columbia so she
needs to confirm her choice. To be accepted at these institutions they
must be quite smart but they are still lovely giddy young ladies who
lived to discuss their favorite American singers, books and movies. I
heard Taylor Swift and Hunger Games loud and clear. I regret that I
didn't take their pictures with my iPhone to put on the blog now, but
I will add it when I return to the States. They have so much going
positive for them - they are smart, beautiful, and ready to learn all
life tosses their way.
No comments:
Post a Comment